Vacancy Description:Join our team creating and delivering great food for our customers. This is very much an ‘all round’ role and the work includes food preparation, service cooking, cleaning and washing up.
Job Description:Job Title: Cook
Hours: Full Time
Responsible to: Tearoom Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure consistently high quality of all food put out from kitchen at all times.
2. Ensure that all Health and safety and Environmental health requirements are adhered to at all times
B) Food prep
3. As required undertake all baking, cooking and food pre-preparation during agreed hours to the daily schedule
4. Plan, prepare and communicate dishes as required for service by self and others
5. Handover of kitchen to other staff as required
6. Receive and acknowledge all kitchen orders
7. Prepare food in a consistent timely and hygienic manner in accordance with the BTR Manual and recipe book.
8. Plan and self manage the sequence of orders targeting 20-minute maximum wait time
9. Liaise with front of house where required, and in particular if there are any delays
10. Ensure that complete orders are fulfilled simultaneously
11. Ensure that all food is presented in accordance with instructions and manuals issued and given from time to time
12. Maintain cleanliness of Kitchen at all times and washing as required
13. Remain aware at all times of order waiting times working towards agreed targets
14. Ensure all checklists are maintained and activities required undertaken
15. As required during busy periods, assist in order taking, table clearing and preparing drinks.
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Food Hygiene certificate
• Interest in food, books and service generally
• Waiting/Front of House experience, in particular in a Tea Room establishment
• Interest and enthusiasm in books and bookselling
• Retail experience, in particular in a bookshop
• Ability to work flexible hours and shifts as required, occasionally at short notice
• Exceptional self-presentation
• Enthusiasm and passion
• Good sense of food hygiene
• Ability and willingness to apply structured and methodical processes to work